Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ipod Nike+

I have a new toy!
For Christmas, my FI gave me a productRED ipod nano to replace my dying Sandisk Sansa. He even had it engraved with "just start running" on the back - very cool!

So for my birthday, I bought myself the Nike+ sport kit for the nano, which includes this little receiver for the ipod and a sensor on my shoe. The sensor on the shoe talks to the receiver and tracks my speed, distance, and time at a remarkable accuracy! No, I don't have Nike shoes (they are WAY too narrow), but they make a little "suit" for the sensor, so it sits on the top of my shoe. I also got the Nike armband which is pretty comfy. I've only used it on 2 runs: one on the dreadmill, one with L, but it works pretty well so far.

The great thing is the nike+ uploads my runs to my nike+ web account every time I plug in the ipod! Now my runs will be posted on the blog right away (see red widget!) Pretty cool technology!

No comments: