Tuesday, June 17, 2008

New Week, New Training Plan!

Now that my 10k training is over....I need a new goal! So I decided to make it a big one - The 10 minute mile!
Ah, the 10 minute mile.....This has been my goal since I started running, but it has been somewhat unobtainable! So, I'm going nuts. I'm trying the Ultimate 5k Plan "Intermediate" from Runner's World Magazine. Over the next 6 weeks I will be running pace intervals, speed intervals, and hill workouts! YEAH! I've never done any speed work or hill work in my training...I just go run the mileage on the plan. BORING! I hope this will spice up my workouts and get me out of my slowpoke rut!
Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

You'll get there! I'm starting to incorporate speedwork into my training too. I'd like to cut my marathon time. 10-min mile is waht I ran in highschool...not so much now. You can do it!

Pokey said...

Ahhh, the 10 minute mile. When you get the formula figured out, will you share it with me? ;) I need some speed!!!!