Monday, April 6, 2009

Why is my blog is called Just Start Running?

Just Start Running.
Sounds simple.
You'd think!

I started running in 2007 and also started this blog to log my experiences. I named it Just Start Running because I have trouble "starting" things. I think, I plan; I organized; I double check my plan; I rethink my plan; then I start. That's just the way I am. So Just Start Running was my mantra to "stop thinking, and start running!" At first it was was easy to start running and keep running.
But life, weddings, winter, and a bout laziness interfered with my quest to be an athlete and I'd have to start the planning, thinking process all over again!

So fast forward to today; I have been trying to "start" a running plan since February. Since I was getting way to involved in the details, I broke down and joined the Runners Alley 10k training group again. I had good luck getting motivated by joining a group in the past, so I thought, why not!

The running group takes out the thinking, planning, rethinking cycle I fall into. I show up every Tuesday and Thursday, they tell me how long, hard, fast to run, and I do it. Easy as that! They also give me a 11 week plan to follow - brainless, and wonderful! So here I go. Another year, another training plan....but I'm still running :)

No comments: