Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I must be possessed!


I just ran my regular Cross Rd run in 26:36 – a 10:22 minute mile! And to think, I was psyched with my 10:50 minute mile! I think I did the first mile in like 9 minutes and then slowed down because I thought I might be running too fast. I felt great!

Since I started running, 4 ½ months ago, my goal has been to run a 10 minute mile. I have no great hopes of ever winning a race (well maybe when I’m 80 I might be able to win in my age group), but I want to be able to sustain a 10 minute mile. I don’t know why 10 minutes is in my head – but now it actually seems like an attainable goal.

I was reading “No Need for Speed” by John “the penguin” Bingham last night, and he says that adult onset runners don’t peek in their performance for 7 to 10 years. This is probably the best thing I’ve ever read about running! I thought that once I started running regularly, that I would peek in a season, and that would be it – forever! But that doesn’t seem to be the case. I have 7 to 10 years! There is hope!

No comments: